ROTARY SOLENOIDS (R series)
The rotary movement in our rotary solenoids is converted from a linear motion by the mechanical design of an inclined plane. There are three uniform spiral grooves that are stamped into both the case and the armature, called "ball races". The ball races provide the conversion of linear to rotary motion as well as the bearing system for the rotary movement.
The following properties have to be pointed out for our rotary solenoids:
- angle of rotation up to 95° (depending on type)
- starting torque up to 13Nm (gross starting torque at 20°C)
- high life time: up to >50 million cycles
- fast response time: switching times < 5ms possible (depending on size and load)
- mounting by studs
- many options as standard: metric or SAE threads, shaft on either side, return spring, dust cover, tapped holes in armature plate
- reduced noise option by special dust cover
A special design for rotary solenoids are the bistable rotary solenoids.